Friday, May 4, 2012

The Whispy Keanu

Maybe it was my father who first inspired me to one day grow a manly beard. Maybe it was Commander Riker from Star Trek The Next Generation. Regardless, throughout my adult life, for whatever reason, I've always had to shave regularly. During my run as a freelancer, I've finally been given the opportunity to grow one out, however much to my dismay, not much hair grows beyond my jawline. Plenty will grow on my neck, sideburns, and jowls, resulting in what can only be described as a lion's mane. I've since shaved it off, and I am making another go of it. Not intentionally. I've just been lazy. I'm at the "Homeless Sexual Deviant" stage at the moment.
Speaking of facial hair, today is First Friday (I've always been terrible at segues.) If you haven't picked up a copy of The Plainest Plane's Plainest Pictorial Periodical Vol. 1, now is a great opportunity. I'll also have a handful of mini paintings available.
Come out and say hello. Gawk at my horrible ability to grow a beard. And check out other great artwork by my dear dear dear dear friends Carlos Fierros and Patrick Spurlock. The event starts at 5, but we will be setting up shop at 3pm. Hope to see you there.

-Erwin

No comments: